Sunday, June 2, 2013

Natasha Johnstone Interview ~ Capital D Tour

What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?

Natasha Johnstone. I was born in a little town called Aliwal North and now live in Johannesburg which is also in South Africa.
  When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?

When I was in school, we needed to submit an essay to Toyota Manufacturing South Africa in order to join an exclusive student work program. It was when I was the only female chosen out of all the Afrikaans schools that I realized my “special powers” existed.
Did it take a long time to get your first book published?

No, I was published within 3 months after I completed the manuscript.
Do you work another job as well as your writing work?

Yes, currently I am working full time for a Mining company close to home.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

Capital D – “Two childhood friends reunite. Her secrets are deadly and his secrets are lethal.  Together they face danger and the truth.”

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

Capital D took two weeks to write from conception to end, but I dreamed about these characters and some of their adventures since I was a teenager.

What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

There will be three more books in the series, ranging in genres from Courtroom Drama, murder mystery and romantic thriller. Then I shall also be writing a health & fitness book after wards, followed by more action adventures.

What genre would you place your books into?

The current book is an action adventure, although one fan has reviewed it as a spy thriller and another as a romantic comedy.  I am grateful that it appealed to so many different readers.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?  

YES.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?

I have a basic idea of what is going to happen with the characters, but for the most part I wing it.

And any other information you wish to supply?

I have been an avid reader for 20 years. Therefore my writing style is that of a reader rather than an author really. The focus is on what the reader would want to know at that very moment and so I offer both the male and female perspectives and thoughts in the story line. Everything I do is driven by the reader and I shall like to thank them for being my inspiration and my muses.

Where can readers follow you?

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Blog
Website
Pinterest
Goodreads







 





No comments:

Post a Comment